Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!

I think I'm finally coming to that point now. My lack of formal responsibilities has cleared my mind and allowed me to reach that place. That place where I feel comfortable starting to think...think about possibilities, think about choices, think about tomorrow...but in a non-restricted way. In a no-deadline kinda way. Not in the way I've been trained to think, to function. There is no due date on my thoughts.

My first step, I've decided, is to think about my thoughts. To think about thinking. Because when it comes down to it, I am myself in my truest form when I am living in my mind. I think we are all most true to ourselves in our thoughts. Contrary to popular belief, we are not defined by our actions, I believe. So often they are done on impulse, so often our insecurities or our over-confidence force us to act, or not act, for all the wrong reasons. So often we regret our actions. So often we rectify them in our thoughts.

What kind of thinker are you? Do you think to dream? Or are your thoughts more grounded? How do you think about yourself? Are you critical or defensive? Do you chastise your self in your mind for the choices you make, or reason away the guilty conscience you have built for the choices you do not make at all? Do you dream of objects...of cars, or houses, or cottages or dogs...or do you dream of emotions? Of happiness and excitement, of laughter and of love?

Does your mind create a fantasy land for you that cushions your thoughts from the harsh reality? Do you dream of living in a land where fantasy is real, where you can touch your dreams with your hand?

I dream of a time where I can be where I dream, without dreaming at all....where I can live the life of my thoughts. I dream of the day when my body follows my find on my journies. When the lands I create can be concrete in some form, in some land not made of smoke. I dream of the day when everything doesn't seem so out of reach. When happiness and success can both mean following your heart. Where the impending doom of our futures doesn't seem so dark, doesn't stop us from remembering the present.

Where does your mind take you? And when do we leave?

1 comment:

  1. that one made me* tear up a bit...but don't judge me for it: this is my* emotional time of day :l lol

    ReplyDelete