Saturday, October 17, 2009

Unemployed is a four letter word...

Finally!! After weeks and weeks of searching, emailing, calling, etc, etc, etc, I have finally landed what should be a lucrative job! I am now officially a new member of the team at Ki Restaurant and Lounge at Bay & Wellington. The offer did not come without some work--an hour and a half interview and several grilling sessions from several of the restaurant's managers. It was all worth it in the end. This is essentially the dream position I've been trying to land since my introduction into the serving industry over a year ago. Not only do I have a new job, but a new job right in the beautiful financial district of downtown Toronto. I finally get to return to the commuting scene--with much more enthusiasm, might I add, considering I will be commuting to a place that I want to be. My orientation is on Monday, before my first shift at Fashion Week. AND on top of it all, I will be trained by the restaurant's very own event coordinator--fate? I think so. I was asked how I felt about double shifts....hopefully this means I will get somewhat full-time hours. Surprisingly, I am more than ecstatic to leave the empty, uneventful lifestyle that I have lately become imprisoned by. So I guess patience really is a virtue--but where in the fine print does it say that it comes with the painful price of anxiety???

Woo hoo! Welcome me back to the working world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment